Okay, so International Dot Day inspired me to do things DOTTY early in the week (as I have already explained in a previous post).
How could I use 'the DOT theme' and infuse this into Science today? Hhhmmmmmmm...
I know - BUBBLES! I think bubbles are dots - don't you? Yes I am convinced, bubbles are 3-dimensional dots filled with air! Yes - I am correct - yes!
So - our experiment with 3-dimensional dots filled with air started with some discussion around a few ideas which came up:
- where do we find bubbles?
- how are they formed?
- what causes different sized bubbles?
- can we make bubbles in different shapes?
- what sort of mixture do we use?
- what is the ratio of water to detergent?
- what mixture will make the biggest bubble?
- why do they have colours on the outside?
- what makes them burst?
- how do you know?
The thinking around ... I notice / I think / I wonder was awesome and we had some fantastic discussion.
Then they got to play...